The Star Online Carnivale – Cosplay Contest
This is a quick post for the The Star Online Cosplay Contest taking place this weekend at Tropicana City Mall (18 – 20 Nov 2011). The official EVENT PAGE IS HERE.
Saturday, 19 Nov – R.AGE Japanese Cosplay Contest ( Starts 5:30pm)
Sunday, 20 Nov – Tech Central Games Cosplay Contest (Starts 5:45pm)
R.AGE Japanese Cosplay Contest
1st Prize – HTC Sensation phone
2nd Prize – CBTL Contata Single Serve Beverage Machine
Tech Central Game Cosplay Contest
1st Prize – Panasonic DMC-LX5 digital camera
2nd Prize – HTC Sensation phone
3rd Prize – CBTL Kaldi Single Serve Beverage Machine
HOW TO ENTER
- These competitions are open to all Malaysians above the age of 13.
- Those below the age of 18 are advised to get your parents / guardian approval before entering this competition.
- Contestants just need to come on the designated day and register at the assigned booth: Saturday, 19 November 2011 for the R.AGE Japanese Cosplay Competition & Sunday, 20 November 2011 for the Tech Central Game Cosplay Competition
- The Registration Booth will open at 11am on both days.
- The registration will close after the first 10 complete entries have been received.
- Contestants cannot enter the Japanese Cosplay Contest & the Game Cosplay Contest with the same character. However, a different version of the same particular character is allowed.
- Organizers reserve the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final. No appeals will be entertained.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- All contestants must be about minimum 70-80% dressed similar to the characters portrayed.
- Contestants are required to dress decently. Revealing clothes and nudity are strictly prohibited.
- Self-made weapons or tools allowed are: Artificial/Toy guns without being loaded, or anything that is made of:
- Aluminium foils (with no sharp/protruding ends),
- Paper & art clays
- Other non toxic/dangerous materials
- Real hand guns with live ammunition
- Any types of hard metal or metal foil(except aluminum foils)
- Blades or any sharp objects
- Spray Paint cans and other aerosol related products
- Any chemically hazardous (Inflammable, radioactive, corrosive, reactive or volatile) objects
- Lighter, matches or anything that can cause fire
- All 10 contestants get a maximum of 3 minutes for a performance on stage (skit, sing, monologue, etc.) and then, present their 3 best poses. Helpers (maximum 2) are optional. The performance is to impress & entertain the judges & audience yet remain in character
- Character Portrayal (20 points) + Costume (15 points) + Performance (15 points) = Total XX/50
- Despite using helpers, the contestant’s character must be the highlight of the performance.
- For this event setting – popular characters would have a slight edge over the non-mainstream characters.
- For this event setting – scoring will favour skits that appeal to a wider audience.
- The R.AGE Japanese Cosplay Contest is open to all characters that are recognized with Japanese (created origin) from anime, manga, novels & games genre.
- The Tech Central Video Cosplay Contest is open to all video game characters from any platform (console, hand held, PC), as long as the characters exist in a video game.
- Contestants cannot enter both Cosplay Contest with the exact same character. However, a different version of the same particular character is allowed.
Thanks & Good Luck!!