Miku Expo in Malaysia 2017 – Press Launch
A month ago, Comic Fiesta dropped the Earthbound Papas bomb on us and the fans went nuts. Then a MikuPa page was made for Miku Expo in Malaysia 2017… on the same date of 16 December 2017 with no additional information till this date – the date of the press launch!!
I already had a few questions on my mind and upon arriving at TGV 1 Utama… a few were already answered. The Q & A session with the media was good as fellow Geek writers The Hyped Geek, started of with the mother of all questions – WHY WAS THIS DATE CHOSEN FOR MIKUEXPOMY? One of the most spicy Q&A sessions at a press conference I have ever attended 😀 On another note… come one the organisers are pros & corporate giants… the questions we’rent spicy enough to say it was spicy!! haha
Anyhow, here are the sights and info gathered, followed by the official press release!
On stage was the 3 most important people of the day! Mr. Kimitaka Nishio, CEO Office Manager of Crypton Future Media, Mr. Henry Tan COO of Astro Holdings Berhad and Mr. Ng Yubin, from the eGG Network, in which I believe with be a driving & promoting force for the pre-concert activities and promotions.
So Nishio-san started off by introducing Hatsune Miku everyone.
Followed by Mr. Henry Tan & Mr. Ng.
Next the opening acts were unveiled, which were chosen by the folks at Astro. They are YouTube Sensation Ms. Chaleeda Gilbert featuring Thai Rapper Dandee and the hottest star in Malaysia Mr. Zizan Razak aka. Abang Long Fadil!
Chaleeda Gilbert, of Thai and British descent, the first international act to be signed to Rocketfuel Entertainment, Malaysia’s #1 Indie Music label. Zizan is no stranger to the average Malaysian. Accomplished comedian, actor, singer, rapper, host, TV personality and a favourite in the hearts of Malaysians.
He will be singing a duet with Miku… for the concert and we’re speculating it’s gonna be a malay song or maybe it would be Zizan’s own single “Chentaku” produced with SonaOne… that will feature Miku!! Who knows at this point 😀 haha
Tickets are priced as follows. The tickets go on sale Sunday, 8 October 2017 at 10am on http://www.myticket.asia
Details on what other pre-concert activities will be announce as time progresses.
Check out our full photo album on Facebook here!
So there you have it:
Hatsune Miku Live in Malaysia 2017
Axiata Arena , Bukit Jalil (formerly Bukit Jalil Indoor Stadium)
I wanted to end with this joke! For all the friends & fans out there who call Miku their WAIFU, take a good look at Nishio-san, because he could be the closest you get to a LEGIT ‘uncle’ in this sense xD haha I had a great time.
Thanks to Astro and Crypton Future Media for having us and for making Miku’s concert in Malaysia a reality! – The Captain –
#MikuExpoMY #MikuPa #HatsuneMiku #MikuExpo2017 #Malaysia #CosplayFunMY #PopCultureFunMY #TheCaptain #Astro #AstroMY #AstroMalaysia #CryptonFutureMedia #HenryTan #KimitakaNishio
Here is the official press release:
MAKE A DATE WITH HATSUNE MIKU ON 16 DEC!
FIRST EVER VIRTUAL SINGER LIVE CONCERT IN MALAYSIA BY ASTRO & CRYPTON FUTURE MEDIA
KUALA LUMPUR, – Fans of global sensation Hatsune Miku can now meet their virtual idol “live in person”! Astro in partnership with Crypton Future Media, INC is bringing the highly anticipated, Hatsune Miku Expo 2017 – to Malaysia (#MikuExpoMY). This first of its kind concert performance is for one night only on 16 December at the Axiata Arena Bukit Jalil.
The teal-haired 16-year-old cyber celebrity from Japan has over 2.5 million fans globally and 80,000 loyalists in Malaysia. Hatsune Miku has collaborated with Pharrell Williams, supported Lady Gaga on her ArtRave tour and has a repertoire of hundreds of thousands of songs in multiple languages.
Henry Tan, Astro Chief Operating Officer said, “Astro is excited to bring the first ever Hatsune Miku live concert to Malaysia. This ground-breaking concert is the only performance in Southeast Asia this year, so be sure not to miss this sensational experience. As the voice of the future, Hatsune Miku brings forth a new and novel experience where her songs and performances are crowd sourced from millions of fans globally.
The Hatsune Miku Expo 2017 in Malaysia, has already caught the interest of many fans since it was announced at the Hatsune Miku event “Magical Mirai 2017” on 31st August 2017, coinciding with her 10th anniversary celebration in Japan. On concert day, fans can expect official merchandise booths, cosplayers, and other fun activities at the venue before Hatsune Miku takes the centre stage.”
Hatsune Miku is a unique content that has a strong following internationally as she transcends culture, language and borders.
Kimitaka Nishio, CEO Office Manager at Crypton Future Media, said “Three years ago, Hatsune Miku Expo kicked off in South-East Asia with a historic live performance and exhibition in Jakarta that set the foundations of this fan-centred event celebrating collaborative creativity.
This year, after 48 performances in 7 countries around the world, we are happy to be back in the region for Hatsune Miku Expo 2017 in Malaysia. We know Hatsune Miku already has a strong fanbase in the country, but we also hope to introduce her and the culture around her to many more people in the area.”
YouTube sensation, Chaleeda Gilbert and Malaysian superstar, Zizan Razak will open the concert for Hatsune Miku.
The Hatsune Miku Expo 2017, will be held at the Axiata Arena Bukit Jalil on 16th December 2017 at 8PM. Ticket Prices are RM169, RM269, RM339 and RM439 (excluding ticket fee and GST). Ticket sales will commence on Sunday, 8 October at 10AM online through www.myticket.asia. Get the latest news via mikuexpo.com and fb.com/mikuexpo2017mys.
HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2017 IN MALAYSIA TICKET PRICING
|Category||Ticket Prices (RM)*exclude ticket fee & GST|
|VIP Rockzone (Free Standing)||RM 439|
|Rockzone (Free Standing)||RM 339|
|Category 1 (Free Seating)||RM 269|
|Category 2 (Free Seating)||RM 169|
Tickets can be purchased from: www.myticket.asia (starting Sunday, 8 October at 10AM)
10 Fun Facts about Hatsune Miku
- Hatsune Miku was released on 31 August 2007 and her voice was sampled from Japanese voice actress, Saki Fujita.
- Miku’s name comes from putting together the words: First(Hatsu), Sound(Ne), and Future (Miku).
- Hatsune Miku isn’t a digital persona for a real singer. She’s actually a synthesised character, called a Vocaloid. Not only is her image on stage generated by computer, but her singing voice is totally synthesised, too.
- As her voice can be synthesised, Hatsune Miku sings in multiple languages and has hundreds of thousands of songs available to date!
- None of the songs that Hatsune Miku sings and performs actually come straight from Crypton Future Media. Instead, creating her songs is a widespread fan effort, with devotees around the world using her program to write and orchestrate songs for her.
- Miku’s outfit design is partly based on a very popular synthesiser keyboard. The colours, and some of the motifs on her clothes are inspired by that instrument.
- For a “vocaloid-opera” performance called “The End”, famous Louis Vuitton designer, Marc Jacobs has created a dress specifically for Hatsune Miku.
- Hatsune Miku has worked with the biggest acts in the world, from opening for Lady Gaga, to appearing in Pharrell’s music video and singing alongside Japanese artists like Bump of Chicken and Namie Amuro.
- Hatsune Miku made television history when she was the very first virtual singer to appear on a major U.S. late night talk show, The Late Show with David Letterman on Oct. 7, 2014, as the musical guest.
- There are other characters similar to Hatsune Miku from Crypton Future Media such as Megurine Luka, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, KAITO and MEIKO. However, Hatsune Miku remains the most popular in the market and became the world’s first virtual idol.